Shannon's shared items

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Suggested Business Model

A lot of my clothes don't fit well anymore. It's a side-effect of losing 30 pounds that I have to admit I'm not all that worked up about...but it is sort of annoying, particularly since some of these clothes are pretty new. So I had this idea...and if any of you read this and get into retail, feel free to steal my idea.

The idea is this: Dieter's Insurance.
You pay a little extra up front when you buy your new clothes...say, 10% or 15%...to get weight-loss (or weight-gain, technically) insurance. If in the next year, you outgrow (ingrow? shrink out of?) your clothes, bring in the still usable garment - and they HAVE to be in good shape - to trade in for the same or similar garment in your new size.
Now what does the store do with your used clothes? I'm glad you asked! They set up a "gently used" section... kind of like Hastings does with new or used books, yes? If you bring in new clothes, you can get, say, 50% off of new clothes or trade in your gently used item for another gently used item at no extra cost.

I think it would work brilliantly. Think of the implications, too, for children who grow quickly, for pregnant women, etc, etc...

No comments:

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.