Shannon's shared items

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Why the Great Plains Suck

Conflicting weather fronts.

Let me start by telling a little story about Florida. We watched the weather forecast when we were there in mid-January. The weatherman reported that Sunday would be a "chilly" 69 degrees, then we'd be up and down the rest of the week, up to a high of 82 later in the week. With this kind of temperature variation, he said, "there's a little something for everybody."

My left big toe. A whole 10 degree swing? Oooohhhh.....

On Sunday, we had an unseasonably warm day that got as high as 65 degrees. Yesterday it was 60 degrees,- a delightfully mild day - and still as high as 55 when I got home at 8pm. Then the winds changed. Today, I woke up to 60 degrees, left the house at 55 and drizzling. It is now 16 degrees with a wind chill below 0. Snow is blowing like crazy, and has probably accumulated up to an inch. We'll hover in the 30s the rest of the week.

That, I believe, is a little something for NOBODY. Screw the Great Plains.

No comments:

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.