Trying though I am to take to heart the lessons of Unclutterer and other Live Simply blogs and columns...there's still stuff I want. Here are some of the items on my wish list...
1) A new threshold for our front door. This one's definitely more on the "need" half of the spectrum since it would mean tremendous energy savings. You can currently see daylight at the bottom of the door on the hinge side.
2) An outdoor clothes dryer. With a couple different mounting stands, we could set this up either indoors or outdoors, and seriously reduce the amount we have to use our dryer.
3) Patio furniture. Table, 4-6 chairs...and an umbrella would be ideal!
4) Panniers for my bike (such as these, for example). Much as I adore the Third World Chic of the milk crate strapped to the back of my bike, it has a couple drawbacks. One, it butts up against my seat and means I have to sit way forward and can't take advantage of the nice soft seat. Two, it's a lot harder to remove and carry into a store with you than the bags would be.
So if any of you want to buy me a present, I just provide this as a convenient starting point. :-p
Shannon's shared items
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Sairen
- Lenexa, KS, United States
- 20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment