I miss Eric. Now, I don't want to sound all lonely and codependent and needy or anything. It's not like food tastes like ashes or I'm not sleeping well (actually, I am sleeping quite well -- sprawled out on BOTH sides of the bed. Ha!) But I do miss his company. He's in Wichita for the week with NFL Nationals. Whoo Derby-freaking-Kansas. The apartment is sort of empty. It's too big for just one person and an anti-social snake. Pythy's really lousy company. It's also sort of like going cold turkey on something you enjoy. Week before last we spent on vacation, and so in each other's company 24x10. So yeah, I can enjoy myself. I'll probably get a lot more done, both around the house, at the gym, and so on. But there's no one here to talk with as I'm not doing things. And if there's one thing I learned in Costa Rica, it's that I don't need him around to have a good time. I just have a better time when he is.
At least next Saturday will come quickly.
Shannon's shared items
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Sairen
- Lenexa, KS, United States
- 20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment