Shannon's shared items

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Peru Blog: 5/31 9:54 - Atlanta

The next several entries are reproduced from the journal I kept while in Peru. Any comments from the current day will appear in italics.

For the next leg of the race, teams must fly themselves to Lima, Peru, where they will continue on to Cusco, Peru, center of the "Sacred Valley of the Inca." There, they will meet a Gate 1 attendant, who will give them their next clue.

Sometimes I amuse myself. Sometimes I even amuse others.

In this Detour, teams must choose between two tasks commonly performed in an airport: "Hurrying Up" and "Waiting."

We spent the first 20 hours of our vacation in an airport. We arrived at KCI on the 31st at about 11am or so, and didn't leave the Cusco airport until the 1st at 3-4pm. Bleh! And I do know that these next tasks aren't that good...humor me.

In "Hurrying Up" teams will take on the maximum allowed baggage weight of two 50-lb suitcases each. They must run from one end of the terminal to the other and pass through a security checkpoint as quickly as possible. Teams arriving at the gate after their designated boarding time may be assessed a penalty. Upon passing security, a TSA employee will hand them their next clue. In "Waiting" teams will simulate a layover by sitting motionless for 15 minutes. Motion or wiggling will restart the clock. Once completed, the airline attendant will hand them their next clue.

No comments:

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.