Can anyone help me place this? Please? It's driving me crazy!
I have a fragment of a scene in my head. It's probably from a book, though it's possible it's from a movie or TV. There's a man and a woman arguing -- I think they're husband and wife, though they're at least connected somehow. There's another person involved... most likely a younger girl (not a child, though, late adolescence at the youngest). Her relationship to the couple is fuzzy in my mind. That at some point, she may have been dependent on them? Perhaps an adoptee? Or maybe she's their daughter, but was raised by someone else and is only now meeting them. Either way, their situation in life is different. The couple is poorer now, has probably come from more to less. The young girl is comfortably well off.
Anyway, in this scene the man has just offered her something, probably something valuable or expensive. Maybe even money.
The girl offers to give something in return or to pay him back.
The woman begins to accept. She's a stingy person, and not very nice.
The man explodes angrily, saying something like, "I said it's a gift!"
The woman offers a sullen, muttering reply along the lines of how the girl could certainly afford to help them out.
That's all I remember. And no amount of clever Googling has been able to distill this half-forgotten scene into the title I seek. Hell, it's even possible I dreamed this scene. But I really think it's from a book. I see it like it was a book. If it had been TV, I think I'd be able to see the people more clearly. Anyway, I could sure use some help if any of you out there in Internet-Land recognize any part of this scene.
Shannon's shared items
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Sairen
- Lenexa, KS, United States
- 20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment