Shannon's shared items

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

From my vantage -

We went to see Vantage Point on Sunday. I thought it was really terrific - I had no fingernails left by the end, and I wasn't nibbling out of boredom, either. I really liked how with each perspective we got just a few more pieces of the puzzle, went just a little further forward in time. I thought the moments they flashed back really added a lot of suspense, and that the flashback repetitions weren't annoying at all. The plot wasn't predictable, either - at least not to me, but I wasn't really trying that hard. My only complaints are that the car chase scene was too long by about half, and that the whole plot hinges on a betrayal that isn't well explained or necessarily terribly believable.
Still - well worth a ticket and an hour or two of pure escapist fun.

No comments:

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.