Shannon's shared items

Thursday, October 23, 2008

...that make me a huge dork.

1) I'm officially a fan of NPR on Facebook
2) ...and yes, I donated to my local station during the recent pledge drive.
3) It makes my day when my comments on The Economist's website are recommended.
4) I can name recent Secretaries of State more easily than recent finalists on American Idol.
5) I think the only thing that could make Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, any funnier is adding Sarah Palin to the mix.
6) I do math puzzles for fun.
7) This picture is hanging at my desk. And I get a lot of positive comments about it.
8) Also at my desk is a list of the Top Ten Things Heard from a Klingon Programmer and an XKCD comic that puns on the word 'pointers'
9) I reuse my plastic bags.
10) {{Your reason here! Leave it in the comments...}}


**EDIT: Here's another one. I opened my "fun-size" pack of Peanut Butter M&Ms I brought for lunch today, and sorted them all into piles by color. (If only that's where the dorkitude ended...) There was one yellow M&M, one blue M&M, two green M&Ms, three orange M&Ms, and five brown M&Ms. "Oooh!" I thought, "lucky me! Fibonacci M&Ms!"

1 comment:

Kathy said...

omg...as one huge dork to another, THANK YOU for linking that stormtrooper picture...I found it randomly on the internets, and then promptly lost it.

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.