The way I see it, my life is going to be a lot simpler by next Wednesday.
1) Halloween: We're having a party for the office kiddos. Our room has a mad scientist theme, and I signed up to make this "Mad Machine" for kids to walk/crawl through. It looked really good in my head, but it has been a thorough disaster in practice. I just want to get it over with.
2) Halloween: Am I wearing a costume? If so, when? And what? Interestingly, I have too many good ideas instead of not enough.
3) Halloween: It's our first Halloween in a house, so the first with trick-or-treaters. Do I have enough candy? (Or did I buy too much?) Is the lightbulb on the front of the house burnt out? I think it is.
4) Halloween: And will I get home from the office party early enough to have people over like I planned? Jesus.
5) K-State/KU Game: Seriously, if we look as bad as we did against Tech, I'll have to rip something to shreds.
6) K-State/KU Game: Perceptive is tailgating this game and instead of inviting the family this year, it's employee + guest. That's not a problem - totally understand. We're big and stuff. But since Eric and I have tickets, I got two more for my folks. Unfortunately that only comes with two wristbands for the tailgate...so I think I need to buy two more. Boo.
EDIT: We just got an email about additional tickets and wristbands for employees and immediate family. Huzzah!
7) Class: Our group has a presentation on Monday. I don't think it's going to go very well. But hey - at least it's our last presentation! Yay!
8) Class: ...and in dealing with the presentation, I've been pushing back the other work. It has to get done at some point. See also: it's the last presentation.
9) Election: Holy crap. The election. If I weren't stressed about the outcome, if NOTHING else I'm ready for the 10-15 emails per day from the KDP and Obama campaign AND the text messages AND the phone calls to stop. Yes - I know I can vote early. Yes - I voted. Yes - I voted for Obama. Yes - I'm signed up to volunteer this weekend. GO AWAY!!!
10) Election: So stressful, it deserved two.
Waiting for Wednesday.
Shannon's shared items
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Sairen
- Lenexa, KS, United States
- 20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment