It is 7am here, and I've finished the book. I received my copy at 12:40am, got home to start shortly before 1. That's not bad speed. Now, I do have a few comments on the book -- there will BE NO SPOILERS ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS -- but I do want to comment on the book as a whole. So if you don't want to know anything at all, don't keep reading.
I am...emotionally wrung out. I was crying off and on for most of the second half, sometimes with sadness, sometimes with happiness. I think Rowling has REALLY stepped up the writing on this one. It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I love the way everything came together, and how all the loose ends got tied up. And it's written so well, it really is... the emotion, the drama... my pulse (resting rate in the mid-70s) was over 100 -- from sheer text on a page.
[What follows is a bit more detailed information that might be construed as "spoilers". I'm writing it in text that shouldn't show up on the page -- highlight below with caution]
I didn't care as much for the Epilogue. Struck me as cheesy. Would rather have seen what happened a couple months or a year after the action to more people. Thought the climax was brilliant, though I must admit I was hoping for a more redemptive ending. When Hermione talked about ways to remend a Horcrux-torn soul (person must feel remorse, painful, probably wouldn't survive) I thought it was a PERFECT way for Voldy to exit. Right. Saving any further details for more than 7 hours after release...
Shannon's shared items
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Sairen
- Lenexa, KS, United States
- 20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.
1 comment:
You're right. a little cheesy.
Post a Comment