Shannon's shared items

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Right is wrong

I read once about a model who insured her legs for millions of dollars because they were so critical to her professional life. I wonder what that sort of insurance would cost me....

Biking has really taken a toll on my right leg. Why right? Because you mount and dismount to the left, which means the right leg is the one moving. The bike is to my right as I walk it. The chain and gearing mechanism is on the right.

As I said, my right leg is a mess. I have scabs and even a couple scars all up and down my right shin from the pedal coming around and biting me, or from hitting it while walking my bike. My knee is skinned in three different places from an accident this morning (turns out slick tires aren't called slick for nothing). I have a bruise the size of my hand on my inner thigh with a bump that feels like a tendon running through the middle of it. That's from a slight, ah, misjudgment while mounting. The top of my right thigh has thumbprint-sized bruises all over it.

I have no idea what they're from.

No comments:

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.