I was reading the backlogs of my Xanga, and found this little beauty from April 15, 2004:
"The calendar says Thursday, but really... this is the day that won't die. It all started at 5am Wednesday morning, you see. A mere hour later, in weather below 40 degrees, our (horrifyingly horrible) mixed 8 was attempting to row up and down the river. We're pathetic, we're frustrated by our patheticness, and let's just say that 6:30am is not the best time to try wearing on someone's patience. And we nearly swamped.
So then, because I have homework due the next day as well as a huge programming project (which I might add, is still not finished) I'm trying desperately to do two things at once all day: stats homework and whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing...such as, for example, class, tutoring, sleeping... And then I do my programming project. Which I will basically continue to do for the next...well, it's been close to 24 hours now. I got 1.5 hours of sleep last night. 4.5 the night before that. I am the walking dead.
This morning, crammed in between the programming, longish nap, aborted practice, programming, programming and class is the ergathon. Basically, it's a fundraiser that Crew does to try to promote ourselves and maybe earn a little money. We just keep an erg going from 8am to ..6? 7pm? don't really know... and invite other people to come try out a 500 m piece. It's actually something I really enjoy doing. Only I had to spend the first hour with a person who, I swear, must be the single most irritating person to spend a half hour with. Major know-it-all. And bossy. And self-centered. And aren't I being charitable today...
*sighs* I stop now. Get back to programming. As good for the soul as self-flagellation."
Now, tell me why I'd miss that? I have more free time, more sleep, more money, less that has to be done and more that I want to do. My health is generally better because I can eat right, even if I don't exercise quite as much as during crew season. I don't see my friends quite as often, but when I do, it's with less stress. And I live with my best friend. Yeah, college was a lot of fun in its time and place, don't get me wrong, but kick me if I ever start getting nostalgic!
No comments:
Post a Comment