Shannon's shared items

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Commercials I don't get

Okay, so I really don't get these esurance commercials -- the ones that offer to sell you car insurance over the internet and you print your policy?

When I think of adjectives that describe my ideal insurance company, I start with 'inexpensive', true, but move quickly into 'reliable', 'trustworthy', and 'enduring.' As in, I want a company who's been around for awhile so that I know they'll be there when I get into trouble.

Somehow, Cartoon Network-style cartoon characters in Cartoon Network-style situations selling me... what, car insurance? just isn't working for me...

The other commercial that cracks me up for its "that's so wrong"-ness is the new one for ... oh, some big luxury SUV -- Lexus, maybe. They're playing this upbeat song in the background, and this song just happens be Morning Wood's self-titled track. It makes me wonder: in this company's target demographic, how many people would be offended by this? Bwar-har.

Okay, while I'm on car commercials, though, I really like the Kia Rondo's...if you haven't seen it, it's what would probably happen if Stephen Colbert got together with the Polyphonic Spree to make an ad.

To whoever thought up the Toyota truck commercial: the phrase "six-speed tranny" should probably have been reconsidered.

I'm done now; this is just proof that I watch too much TV.

Edit: Our snake's name will be Pythagoras.

1 comment:

Rob said...

But she's pretty cute for bein' animated...

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.