Shannon's shared items

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Events

Oh, Pythy was so cute tonight! We got him out to change the substrate in his cage (he pooped on the Astroturf, and BOY! it's amazing how pungent the little fellow can be) and he was quite active and squirmy. It's a welcome change considering how shy he's been with us. He was doing a little exploring of the floor and our legs and whatnot. He certainly doesn't get free run of the house -- it's not safe! -- but we figured a little exploring where we could watch would do no harm. It's amazing how active he gets once the mouse is gone. You know how tired you are after a big meal? Yeah, that's about a five day ordeal for him. We figure he's about 20" now. At 30", he'll be considered an adult, and we can feed him just once every two weeks.

We went out to Carino's tonight for the wine tasting dinner. Now THAT was nice. I'm totally convinced now that there is such a thing as the right pairing of wine and food. Four course dinner, four different wines (all you can drink, I might add!) and at a very reasonable price. They do it quarterly. I think we'll be back. Anyone else interested?

We're making plans with Elie to go do a road trip of Columbia and Jeff City early in March. It's kind of a poor man's road trip... not really poor in money, so much, but poor in time. This vacation to Peru (sweet as it will be) is gonna wipe me out of vacation days. I have a serious case of spring fever, and desperately need to "travel" on "vacation," so I think this'll fulfill the need.

And, lastly, KU basketball rocks. Thank you, that is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

About Me

Lenexa, KS, United States
20-something "young professional" trying to find my place in this grown-up world. I don't always feel grown-up.